Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shots

Well, Kavella got another series of shots today. It's so sad to watch the nurse jab those huge needles into BOTH of her thighs! Plus, she had an oral dose of something ruther, which means I can't kiss her on the mouth for 24 hours. I almost blew that one immediately upon arriving home! I'm going to give her a little baby Tylenol to help with the achiness and pain. I love her.

Choco had the major squirts today. Our routine has been one of pooping, cleaning and bathing, repeat. The front entry way, the kitchen and the bathroom all have shiny floors now! I finally put him into the bathtub and put his food and water in with him! I just couldn't keep up with all of it! Thankfully, Dustin came home early to bathe him again and cut his fur. I love him. Dustin, that is.

Back to Kavella, she started giving these little giggles today! It is so sweet to hear her voice! When she started "chatting" about a month ago, I thought it couldn't get any cuter, but to hear her giggle is unbelievable! Poppy took us to our favorite restaurant--Newport Rib Co.--last night, and she just loves to chat with him! While we were eating, Kavella began to whine. The restaurant owner came by to check on us and offered to hold her while we enjoyed some ribs!! What a champ! He took her from Dustin and she immediately quit crying! The owner has twins, so he was a pro! I'll never get ribs anywhere else!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor little Kavella, I always hated it when my little ones had to get the immunizations. I love keeping up with you through your blog . . . and, of course, your mom. When are going to bring that little doll to Oklahoma?

Jenn said...

What immunization did she have to have orally?? We've never had that one. Dustin is awesome. We won't be getting a dog anytime soon, since ours ran away...unless it's a poodle of some sort. Then I can handle it in the house because it won't shed.

Beaners said...

Aww, Dusty Poo is so sweet! Poor little Choco, what did you guys feed him? :) I hope Kavella is feeling better, she is such a doll! And what a nice owner! I want to try this place out, talk about impressing your customers! Love you!