Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Caught!!

Choco has basically ignored Kavella since she arrived. "Here's the baby! Look at the baby," we'd say. Choco would hold his tail quite still and relay zero emotion. If she is laying on the bed, he'll walk over her as if she is a blanket. When we hold her, he'll jump on us and find any space in between us (noted in the first picture). When I change her diaper, he'll scratch on my back. Pretty much, he doesn't want to acknowledge her presence.

However, upon entering the bedroom last week, I discovered Choco actually laying ON Kavella. Now, I'm not sure if he was showing affection or simply using her as a pillow. I'll go with the former! I think he is starting to warm up to her.....


What!? Why is my pillow making noise?



Playing with Dad before bed! She looks like a bald, old, cute man! Ha, ha!


Just loungin'



We went on an evening stroll, which seemed to suit Kavella!




Laughing with Mom! (I'm still not used to saying that I have a daughter or that I'm a mom!)



We love our little baby! It is neat to watch her grow and learn! I can't imagine my life without her! XOXOXO

5 comments:

Melisa said...

He's totally trying to smother her. He wants to be top dog again. ;o)

Myrick Family said...

pictures of Choco & Kavella - plain hilarious.
And of course she is just a doll baby in all the others. You really get use to being called "mommy" once she starts talking.

Beaners said...

Kelly! You're posting too fast!! But I love it!! I'm so glad that Choco is starting to like Kavella, he's her big brother, he needs to be nice :) The pics of Kavella are so stinking adorable!!! I love the cute old bald man one, and when she's laughing with you, sooooo cute!! There's not a picture that she doesn't look cute in... oh wait, haha, maybe one, haha just kidding!! Love you!!

Jenn said...

I love it when they start smiling and laughing!! She's so darn cute. In fact, Ellie is looking at her pictures as I'm typing this and said "Look! It's my own baby!" Not quite yet honey. Update: "I hold Aunt Kelly's baby." She's singing to the Kavella now...

Kavella has won even Ellie's heart!

Beaners said...

Hey! Dustin is wearing one of his watches in the bald man picture! Nice, I can't wait for the girl's line!