Monday, April 13, 2009

Life

So, I'm pretty sure that I have the most dramatic daughter...Let me just give you a few examples of how dramatic she can be. Let's say she's fussing, telling me all about how upset she is, and I go to offer her a pacifier. When I put it near her mouth, she will literally start gagging as if she'll throw up! Also, you know how babies sort of gasp air when they are in the wind? You know, it sounds like they can't breathe? Well, not only does Kavella do that when we go on walks, but she also does it when I get her dressed! When I put her shirt over her face, she gasps like I am suffocating her! When I feed her, if the milk doesn't pour out like some sort of jug, she'll start freaking out--flailing her arms, arching her back and basically making a big stink that she actually has to suck! She also loves to have her hands up over her eyes--think of a teenager trying to block the morning sun. If I move her arms to re-latch her suck, she grunts and "strong arms" (no pun intended!) me out of the way! What a little, delicious pill!


Kavella eating some dinner!


Melody and Kavella!



I just wanted to show you how crowded the pier is--summer is here!





My sweet cupcake and me!




Yes, that pile of what appears to be cafeteria mush is actually tasty tater-tot casserole!




Ahhh! I can't believe she is already growing out of things, but alas, I'm pretty sure this is the last time she'll be able to wear these darling shoes....it makes me so sad!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Hmm...does drama remind you of anyone else?? (cough, cough, you) At least when you were little! I love the way their little personalities just start blossoming this first year.

Beaners said...

Oh I just want to eat her up!! That is so sad about those cute little silver shoes! Oh well, save them for the next one :) Yeah, it's funny how the karma is already setting in at 3 months old ;) haha, jk! I miss staying at your house and walking down the pier, and playing in the waves, and trying to get choco to swim and then getting yelled at by a PETA freak... oh California! I miss you guys so much! Love you!

Myrick Family said...

Shane misses the beach...and told me to tell you to find us a place. Oh, know he thinks between the four of us we could buy a shack together. Annnyways, that is so funny about her dramatic personality. Luke was a really squirmy baby and still is. Trying to dress him is like trying to dress and crazy monkey or we also thought a racoon...don't you think a racoon would be hard to dress? Well, we look forward to meet this little drama queen sometime.

Anonymous said...

I love the cupcake picture! Kavella has very expressive eyes. The description of her dramatic ways had me chuckling and then I really got laughing when I saw that picture of her eating dinner with her arms up! After seeing how much tater tot casserole Dustin had on his plate, I'm afraid he must have been hungry the whole time I was there! Love, Mom

Stephanie said...

When are you going to bring that little drama queen to Oklahoma? She is so cute. I am dying to meet her. I have a couple of studly grandsons I could set her up with!

S. Gibson said...

Kelly!!! Hi! Look at your little family. Erin showed me your blog, you guys looks so great. Your daughter is beyond darling. We are moving to Irvine in September! We'll be so close to you! We would love to see you guys.

fourgibsons.blogspot.com