Friday, April 10, 2009

Crystal Cove in Corona Del Mar



Crystal Cove, in Corona Del Mar, is a little ghost town situated right on the beach! The homes are so old that they've been red-tagged by the government and remain empty. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful place to visit and has about a mile of tide pools, which are neat to explore! Dustin, Kavella and I went down there with our friends Adam, Chante, Merrick and Eden! We had a tasty lunch at Ruby's Diner before our beach adventure!


Dustin is my "knight in shining armor!" He is so in-tune with his family's needs. He remains positive through struggles, and he is always fun to be around! I am thankful to have him in my life--I couldn't imagine being a parent with anyone else!


To get to Crystal Cove, which is below some bluffs, we had to trek down this path and through a tunnel. Usually, it costs $10.00 for parking, but we got to park for freeeeee that day!



This is Kavella's friend, Eden! Her mom (Chante) is slathering on the sunscreen!



Adam, Merrick and Dustin are playing in the sand!




What a beautiful day!




Merrick and Adam testing the water!



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my little girl!



Kavella was a great beach baby! It's more difficult to visit the beach with a baby. Before, Dust and I used to just grab a towel and go! Now, however, it takes a ton of effort--we need an umbrella, diaper bag, sunscreen, stroller, etc. It's worth it to spend time with friends and family, though!

3 comments:

Beaners said...

I want to go to the beach!! It looks like so much fun! Hopefully we can make it out this summer! Especially since Chris has never been. Kavella looks so stinkin cute!! I'm in love with her! She is so beautiful!! I love all the posts!! I need to pick it up :) Love you guys!!

Jenn said...

Kavella is getting so big. Wish we could have been there, especially since the sand looked slightly coarse.... Call me later.

Anonymous said...

Kavella's face is so expressive! I love the red bow against that blue sky and how it offsets the blue in her eyes. Love Mom