Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pre-birth

On Saturday, after having a slight leak for two straight days, I finally called the hospital to see if I might be in labor. I was told to come in immediately, just to check. Dust and I trekked over there, fully expecting to catch the 7:00 showing of "Benjamin Button." Surely, I figured, I'd feel those horrendous labor contractions associated with.....well, labor, right? After hooking up the fetal/contraction monitors, the nurse took a sample of the fluid and it was determined that I had, in fact, started labor! Oxytocin was sent through my I.V. in the hopes of speeding up and regulating my contractions. It was all fun and games until my water broke.....We took a few pictures before that happened! Clearly, I had no idea what was coming! The sunrise on Kavella's birthday! Newport Harbor is on the right.

We scored an oceanview room for labor/delivery....not that it mattered to me a whole lot after about 30 seconds of labor!



This was after I labored for four hours. I dialated from 1 and a half to 3 and a half, at which point I begged for an epidural. This was after the epidural. Epidurals are MIRACLES!!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Good job Kell!! You did it! Wow, that picture of you after getting the epidural is pricless. I'm so glad that the labor went well and Ella is healthy. Sure can't wait to see the pictures of that precious baby girl! Love you guys so much, and can not wait to see you!

Jenn said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! The last is my favorite! Ellie keeps thinking that it's me in the pics....

Good job!!

Myrick Family said...

So glad things went well. I was so excited to hear the news! Hope things are going good(I know it can be a bit crazy at first...at least for me it was) Lots of love.

eli&joelynn said...

YEAH!! Congrats girl!! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!!

Melisa said...

Yeah for epidurals!!!! You look great!

Jenn said...

Where are the pictures of Kavella??

Beaners said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! All of my co-workers are wondering why I'm laughing so loud, and it's because that last picture was HILARIOUS! haha, I wish I could've been there with you! You look so beautiful in all the pictures! (Right before the epidural :) jk!! ) I love you and I'm so proud of you! I wish I could be there helping you! Call me and let's video chat! Chris still hasn't seen the baby in real life! I love you!!