Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Beaches

Dustin's favorite surf spot (in the northern Orange County area) is the River Jetties, in Newport Beach. Typically, we fight the congestion associated with the Saturday crowds and narrow streets in order to enjoy a bit of time in the sun. Lately, we've been scoring these sweet parking spots (non-metered and close to tower 74), which saves us time and energy! However, with summer winding down, the beaches are becoming more and more isolated--much to our satisfaction! Now, we only have to vie with the locals for parking spots and space on the beach! The beach was practically empty for the sunset!

You might ask yourselves if we could be any more lame.....yes, this is the pregnancy-profile-sunset shot. Lame.
Oh, wait, another one!! Doesn't it look like a pink "V" is shining from my head? That is not an illusion...I really do radiate pink now!

Isn't Dusty so handsome? He's just a little beach bum! Behind him stand houses in Newport that are ridiculously overpriced....but nice!

This is the entrance to the Main Street pier. I thought it looked cool with the sun setting!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Lame-O...you're so cute!! I love the pink radiation. And yes, Dusty is so handsome...I still (after..., uh...6 years?) like the beach bum look, good job for still being able to pull it off when you're like 30...ish.

Melisa said...

I love the radiating pink. You can't plan things that perfect!

Deanne said...

The crib and sheet/blanket/bumper set are beautiful - perfect for spitting up on! I personally loved the sunset photo with the ocean in the background. And how could I possibly let you get away with just "considering" the gospel teachings and standards I so generously offer? I am sure you must be living them too! :) Your blog was a lot of fun to read/look at! Love, Mom

Deanne said...

Oh - I forgot to mention your poetry! You have quite a little talent there! You should definitely write more. Love Mom