Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthdays

Dustin's birthday was yesterday! Happy Birthday!! The big 3-1! It was quite uneventful for him since he was working in San Jose and then flying home....birthdays seems to get more and more lame (in my opinion) the older you get. Gone are the birthday parties with balloons, cakes, candles and wrapped presents; in are the birthdays with an excuse to eat out (which is awesome, but less enjoyable since all the money is coming from the same account, thus guilt still looms over the meal), an excuse to be lazy AFTER work and an excuse to hit the sack early! I guess those aren't such bad plans...however, I can't help but notice how birthdays start off so HUGE and then eventually wind down to complete non-acknowledgment! I know a few people who, in fact, DON'T like to be wished a 'happy birthday' on their day!

Despite the general diminishing of froo-froo details on one's birthday, I can say that the major solace of birthdays are the consistent gifts from parents, in-laws and grandparents! They send the dollar bills, ya'll, which always serve as an answer to prayers....for us, anyway! We are MOST thankful for their generosity!!! This year, Dustin got a little something extra from Grandma Roberts! I think he was surprised to unwrap (yes, he actually got to unwrap a present!) two of the cutest Sunday outfits for the baby!! I love them! Mom said that he is the spiritual leader of the house and she wants our daughter to be prepared for consistent, weekly church attendance. Mom is constantly imparting good gospel standards for us to consider!!

3 comments:

Myrick Family said...

Happy Birthday Dustin! It is funny how birthday gifts slightly change once children are in the picture (or soon to be). I gave Shane a children's book for V-day to read with Luke (I am pretty sure it was exactly what he wanted). I am sure she will look super cute sitting on your lap in church.

Melisa said...

Happy birthday!!

Jenn said...

Mom actually sent WRAPPED presents??? Man, she's been holding out!

Really, I feel bad that I forgot to call...