Friday, July 23, 2010

WTI Summer Party!!



It's party time, time, time! WTI threw a party for it's employees and their families! First, let me just say how GRATEFUL I am that Dustin is employed at WTI! I am so thankful for all the blessings that have come with his employment--we have a home to live in, we eat three meals a day, we are able to provide for Kavella's needs, we can be generous to others, we have two vehicles and many more blessings. Second, I am overwhelmed with gratitude that Dustin likes his job and is a hard worker! Dustin is truly an amazing man! I respect him for his kindness to others, willingness to serve in the church, selflessness as a daddy, ability to problem-solve, money-management skills and the love he shows me. I love you, Dustin! I am forever thankful to have you in my life!



It was fun to see Conner and Amanda there! Amanda is such a good little helper with Kavella; she likes to carry Kavella all around! Kavella loves spending time with her cousins! The party was thrown in the old warehouse, so there was plenty of room for games, crafts, dancing and balloons! There was a bounce-house there, which was the highlight of the day! Kavella initially thought the ramp to enter the bounce house was a slide, so she started sliding down it immediately! The real slide was much larger.....


Without socks, Kavella's feet kept sticking to the slide.....she seriously ate it every time she went down (see picture above R), but she would just get up, laugh and clap, and run back to the entrance. Trust me, after we put socks on her, she slid down with ease!! Oh, and don't let CPS get a hold of that picture, either! Amanda was so sweet to ride with her over and over!


What's a party without junk food? They had a snow cone machine for the kids, along with beach pails that were filled w/goodies! The adults got to chow down on delicious teriyaki chicken, pulled pork and all the fixin's to accompany it! It was a lovely afternoon--thanks WTI!


Look at this cute red flower headband Granny got for Kavella! It really brings out her eyes! This is our last full day at Disneyland before we're blocked out for the summer. Amazingly, we were still doing things we'd never done there before. I don't know how people do it all in one day. I guess I'm just a lolligagger. We even stood in line to see Mickey, which was anti-climatic and not worth the wait.




Then, Dustin met us after work! We thought CA Adventure was showing their new World of Color, but we were sorely disappointed when they didn't. It was just nice to spend time with Dust!

The last pictures are of our Sunday stroll to the pier.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love that last picture!! What exactly are you doing?

Beaners said...

Snubbly. Snubbly is the only word to describe Kavella. Some of my favorite pictures include her fishing in the little kiddie pool, adorable! Next, I really love the face she's giving us in the picture right below that while her cousin is holding her and her dress came all up and she just looks like she has no control and she knows it. Just like "Alright Kavella, you can do this, just wait it out. One day you're be big enough to resist being squeezed awkwardly by friends and family. Don't worry. One day you will get your revenge." Next, I absolutely love the picture where she totally face planted down the slide, HILARIOUS!!! That is some great parenting! Hahahahahaha! That should seriously be put up for a prize. The picture of her sucking the dum dum, too cute. Looking away all nonchalantly, she has these photos down to a tee. (sp?) She looks somewhat dazed and confused in the picture of her and Dustin where she's driving the truck, but still snubbly. Ok, now let's talk about these cute little posed pictures of Kavella in her little American girl outfit, with the big flower that Eloise gave her. It is simply one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen!! I know you here this all the time and would never do it (which I support) but seriously, she could win a cute baby competition with that picture alone. Vamp eyes. :) Yay for DisneyLand!! I wish I could go sometime in my life with Chris. He's never been, so maybe we'll all have to go sometime! ANd yes, the last picture is amazing! It's nice to see one where you aren't obviously powdering your nose in and you're just being a regular, funny, cute girl! :) (Don't hate me for being honest :))