Monday, July 12, 2010

Austin's Baptism

Yea for Austin! He turned eight last month, so we trekked up to El Dorado Hills to see him get baptized! He did such a great job listening to the talks before he was baptized--he knew all the right answers--then, he set a good example for his little brothers by getting baptized! Congrats, Austin! We love you!



Darci and Jason's church building is pretty awesome! It is in the same parking lot as the Sacramento Temple and it used to be some sort of Boy Scout retreat place or something. Behind the church, there is a large grassy area, a firepit, benches, a walkway and even a stage! It was the perfect place to have a little lunch after Austin's baptism.

Kavella with her cousin William--he's about six months older than her. She loved having a little buddy to follow around! They're playing with all the leftover ice--we should have just dumped a bunch of ice on the grass at the beginning of the baptism because it seemed to keep them quite entertained!



During our 10 hour trip up to Sac-Town, the visor in the truck only provided minimal shade, so I used my bookmark to provide the rest of what I needed.

Kavella's first forward-facing carseat ride!

For Enrichment, I was assigned to decorate a table. I borrowed the place mats from Deina (let's be serious--I don't have 8 matching....anything.) and bought a tablecloth ($3) from Party City. For the centerpiece, I picked some kumquats (ha, ha, that sounds inappropriate) from my yard, added limes and bought some flowers at Trader Joes. Oh, and I added the purple flowers from my yard, too. It was a fun night--we learned all about FHE and the blessings of doing it.

Another hooded towel I made. The recipient wasn't sure if she was having a boy or girl, so I tried to make it gender-ambiguous. What do you think? I'll tell you what she ended up having after you give me your opinions!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the towel! I think it's perfect! And the table looks great!! And I'll call you with the rest of my comments. I love you!