Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sac-Town Hike

Gangsta, gang-gangster, gangster, gang-gangster looooove!

Do I look like I'm desperate to be part of this picture? Maybe it started out as a mother-daughter pic for Deina and Eloise then K and I crept in? Perhaps, but I bet in the other 7,236 shots we tried to take of this picture, I looked less creeper-style. Taking pictures of toddlers is hard--"Kavella, look over at Daddy! No, over there....Kavella!" Insert some annoying tongue-rolling sound, clapping or other obnoxious noise in an effort to get her to look and you've got the general idea!

The Straws invited us all to go on a little hike to a waterfall, which was only accessible via this old, wooden bridge! Each driver in our caravan took turns driving across the bridge, which proved a perfect picture-taking spot! Look how high it is above the river--Jason looks tiny up there!


The hike was filled with wild flowers, gnarled trees and the sound of rushing water. Other than the swarm of mosquitoes that seemed to be obsessed with sucking my blood, it was beautiful!

Obviously, learning to fold your arms is important. Not only to offer prayers to your Heavenly Father, but also to display your dissatisfaction with your Mother's orders. Stupid double-edged sword.


Kavella just found out that the cowpie she tried tasting earlier on our hike was, in fact, NOT a pie at all. JK, there were no cows nearby.



The whole crew! I can't believe we got such a great shot--thanks, Dust, for doing the whole set-the-camera-timer-and-run thing! It was so nice being outside and having fun with the family!

The water was FRIGID, but Kavella wanted to just sit right down in it! Deina and I worked hard on preventing that. Plus, just behind Deina was a hefty drop....a deadly drop at that!



Thanks, Darci, for the cutiepie Roxy dress!



Amanda was acting so shy....nobody was fooled, though!

Weez and Mini-Weez...you just wait, I have the BEST picture of these two on our Hurricane trip. I know, I know, the suspense is too much....


Soooo, maybe it's not part of the natural environment. How does something like this get here, anyway? I can just imagine someone saying, "okay, I'll carry the two-ton engine if you carry the bug spray."


This part of the hike was awesome--we were hiking right above the river!

David was a great leader on the path!

When Jason presented the idea of hiking to a cool waterfall, he made it seem like a leisurely, manicured path would lead the way. Dust instructed me to don my flip-flops and swimsuit--do you think I felt slightly ridiculous? Take a gander at Dan, Eloise, Dave and Amanda doing their best to navigate the "path" to the waterfall! Ha, ha!



I quite enjoy being outside. Jason and Darci live near a beautiful, mountainous area that boasts lots of natural formations, rivers, rocks, trees and plant life. This was my favorite part of our whole Sacramento trip!

3 comments:

JS said...

You are so funny. I can hardly stand it!

Be on the look out in two weeks for notes from me. I will be leaving them!

Jenn said...

Love the pictures! I don't think you look creeper at all in that first picture, you look great!

Nanda said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Kavella has gotten! She is so cute!