Sunday, July 18, 2010

Monterey

Oh, wait, this isn't Monterey--this is Ivy and Kavella playing in Tarzan's Tree at Disneyland!

Leaving Sacramento, instead of just traveling down the 5 for 8 hrs, we decided to take PCH all the way down the coast. It was a gorgeous drive that hugged the ocean and provided many astonishing views. Look at how many seals are sunning on the beach in the picture above!


Kavella learned quickly that, in our family, work is a precursor to fun. Time to unload the truck, little one.
I don't want to say Choco HATES Kavella, but he's certainly not fond of her affections. I love how Kavella really puckers her lips for dramatic effect. This pit stop is called "Big Sur." You'll have to make the picture large to see how far down the cliff dropped. The fog gave it a mysterious feel.


Why am I hiding behind the family? Two reasons: 1) I'm wearing the same red shirt that I've been wearing for like three days in a row 2) I'm in sweatpants. What? we were just going to be driving for like 6 hours--what am I going to wear skinny jeans or something? Sweats--good for lounging, terrible for pictures.


These cattle are on prime beachfront property. Mmmmm, cattle....makes me want a burger....

Dreaming of bottles and binkies. Her cheeks are so kissalicious in this picture.







We always stay in the same hotel when we go to Monterey because it's right on the water! This is our view from where we ate breakfast. Monterey Bay is on the other end of the bay. We haven't been there in years; maybe on our next visit. This hotel even allows us to bring Choco--for a fee, of course--which we love!

Kavella's "rebellious years" began early. Dust and I sat down to watch the sunset and Kavella went to the complete opposite side to sit. Tsk, tsk, trouble's a brewin'!


Checking out sandcrabs for the first time. I don't know where they've been hiding in HB. We did find a ton in Newport yesterday, so maybe that's where they're all hanging out.


Look at Chocobuddy all alone back there. Sad.


I love my husband.


Ant Ques. That's the truth here in CA. Just lines and lines of ants in your home.

Yes, I took a picture of a field because it was the most green I'd seen in CA in my life. Shouldn't we build like 346 houses on this lot?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I looked at these pictures and thought a few things, "Dustin needs a haircut. They should really build 350 houses. I'm jealous that you guys are wearing long sleeves in summer. Kavella is the cutest thing since...my kids were born!" ;) Love you!!

mandy harline said...

so fun for your guys, kelly! i love, love those little puckered lips!! how adorable!