Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dustin's 32 at 32.



It is your birthday, shout HOOORRAAAYYY!! Happy Birthday to the best guy around! Dustin turned 32, so I thought I'd share 32 things you may or may not know about the sweet chap:

1. He has a scar on the lower, left side of his back, just above his booty. He got it from the reef in Hawaii....at Rocky Point, I think.
2. He loves avocado....
3. but, won't eat it if there's ANY brown or discoloration on it!
4. He blows his nose every day in the shower, which is how I know he's almost done showering.
5. He uses an electric razor on that sensitive face of his!
6. It takes him about a solid week to grow "five-o-clock shadow."
7. Cheese pizza is his favorite.
8. He can consume an entire 9x13 pan of tater-tot casserole by himself. I know because I refused to make anything else until it was gone and he obliged--it took three nights.
9. He is a natural surfer--he can go months without surfing, hop on a board, and still pull "airs," "floaters" and "turns" with ease. Factually, the best surfer around. Seriously.
10. Growing up, his dentist accidentally pulled a permanent tooth.
11. His two favorite sodas are Pepsi and Root Beer.
12. He uses "Axe" deodorant.
13. Once, he assisted the Border Patrol in capturing illegal immigrants.
14. He is an Eagle Scout!
15. In college, he participated in a Surf-a-thon, surfing for 12 SOLID hours...or more.
16. That surf-a-thon activity secured him a spot in the BYU-H newspaper. Plus, it gave him the worst pit-rash of his entire life.
17. He is a skilled wakeboarder. Barrel rolls, supermans and flips are amongst some of his riskier tricks.
18. He earned his MBA with an emphasis in Finance from Pepperdine.
19. He is the Marketing Manager at WTI.
20. Picture the sit-up position--on your back, legs bent, knees facing the ceiling. Yeah, he sleeps like that.
21. He checks on Kavella EVERY single night before he goes to bed. He makes sure her blanket is covering her and that the fan is pointed away from her crib.
22. He served his mission in Vina Del Mar, Chile.
23. He speaks Spanish, perfectly. In fact, EVERY time he converses in Spanish, whether we're in Mexico, Costa Rica or here in California, he is complimented and asked where he learned to speak Spanish so well.
24. He is quite knowledgeable about plants. This is probably from all the weeding he had to do growing up--his Mom had an entire yard of plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables.
25. He doesn't like scary movies. Wanna watch--no. Can we just see--no. It's not that scar--no. Not happening.
26. Typically, he is up until AT LEAST 2:00 am working on the Mica watches venture.
27. He can fix anything. Dishwashers, fridges, car engines, motorcycles, small electronics, computer applications, jet skis, trailers, shelves....you name it, Dustin can fix it, embellish it or restore it!!
28. Even with how busy he is with work and family, he still finds time to read his scriputers and fulfill his Second Counselor in the Priest Quorum calling.
29. He is the most selfless man I know--he will serve anyone at anytime. He looks for ways to serve me and Kavella. He will give everything he has so that someone else will feel more comfortable. He NEVER keeps tabs. He thinks of others before himself. His family--his mom, dad, sisters, brothers, my parents, my siblings, nieces, nephews, etc.--mean the most to him!
30. He taught me how to make quesadillas, cheese bread, spaghetti, rice and box macaroni. No lie.
31. He is a good "tipper." If you do even a remotely decent job of serving us, you'll be nicely rewarded!
32. He is conservative. Dustin does a great job of managing our money. He doesn't spend frivolously, he pays ALL of our bills on time, he honors his debts, provides us with many luxuries and meets ALL of our needs! I believe in Dustin and know he can accomplish ANYTHING he wants to.

I love you, love you, love you Dustin! You are handsome, kind, loving, loveable, thoughtful, generous, caring and honorable. I respect you. I look up to you. You are my superhero, my rock, my solace and the love of my life. How grateful I am for the solid marriage we have! What a joy to have an eternal companion who communicates effectively, works hard, loves his daughter and provides financial, emotional and socially for his family. Happy Birthday, Dustin!! You're the BEST!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Happy Birthday (way late) Dustin!!

I have to say, while I am glad to know most of that stuff...I could have done without the snot in the shower.

Seren said...

So as I read this I was laughing, crying (from the sweetness), agreeing with the scary movies and most of all proud to be your friend. That was awesome Kelly!.......right up there with Steel Magnolias! :) You're the best wife ever and you both deserve each other's love and laughter. Oh and Happy Birthday Dust!

Anonymous said...

Dustin sounds too good to be true - except - I know him and he truly is everything you've described!! I'm glad you believe in him Kelly; if you put your hand in his, he will lead you and your family to where you want to be. The picture of Kavella's first trip into the Haunted House was great! Also, her little beach pictures are priceless! And the wet suit is a very nice look on you Kelly!
Love Mom.

Beaners said...

AWWWWW!!!!!!! How sweet are you! That almost made me fall in love with Dustin! until I remember that Chris shares a lot of those qualities and that I'm in love with him :) But that was sooo sweet of you Kel!! We can't wait to come see you!!! I hope Chris gets a job so that we can! Also, Chris wants to know what's up with dustin's hair in the first picture :) hahaha, but we're kidding! He looks so cute! I'm so glad that I got to learn those things about Dustin! He's such a great guy! You better hold onto him Kel!! I love you guys and miss you so much! I'll keep you informed with everything!