Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Girly Girl

I find such joy in raising a daughter! Besides my delight in her curiosity, inquisitive nature and determination, I simply love all things girl--the bows, skirts, shoes, headbands, tights, bracelets, blankies and accessories! If it weren't for her Granny, Aunts, cousins and hand-me-downs, she wouldn't have nearly the array of such aforementioned items. However, at this early stage in life, she finds herself quite indulged in all the joys of being a little lady! Take a gander at her latest photo shoot--her Auntie Darci gave her that classy dress to don! After which, we'll discuss all the ladylike activities and clothing I had growing up....or didn't.

My favorite picture--serene, sweet, innocent and calm.


I mean, look at these shoes from her Granny--do they come in my size? But Iiiiii want some patent-leather, pink shoes now, daddy!! Tasty.


Go ahead, go ahead, click on the picture to enlarge it so you can check out her other delicious shoes that her Aunt Jennifer gave her! Sooooo cute!

Now we move on to me. Take no offense, Mom, as none is intended. I only state this as a matter of comical relief. First, my parents give me a unisex name--Kelly. Next, the hand-me-down clothes I receive come directly from.....my brother, Ricky. Specifically, in the following picture, his "Daliah Heights Elementary" t-shirt from HIS elementary school when we lived in CA. Last, my sweet Dad takes me to get a "pixie" haircut--one that hits your shoulders, then descends at an angle toward the front--only, he mistakenly tells the barber to give me a 'bob.' Yeah. A bob. On my son, I mean, daughter Kelly. So, here you have it folks, after many a Kavella photo shoot, here's a quick snap shot of me as a kid.......

Go ahead--laugh. Think my parents wanted another boy? I'm the one on the far left. My best friend Emily is in the middle and her nephew, Daniel, is the chubby baby! Thanks for emailing me the picture, Em! It's funny!

Steve! This is our good friend who I've mentioned before. Well, he's actually Ricky's best friend, but we stole him fair and square. He came down to Newport to speak (for his job), so we were excited to have Kavella meet him! Dustin got to take Steve surfing one morning, which was really fun for the both of them!

Copying Daddy!

"Let us out of here!"

Uh-oh, discovering BCBG shoes....Daddy better work on getting a raise.

This is Kavella's first forward-facing stroller ride!! Obviously, she loved it! She loved being able to see everything around her without having to arch her back, lean forward or strain her neck! Plus, you wouldn't believe how many more compliments she gets while cruising on Main street! (I can gloat if I want to--it's my blog!)

Now, a few tropical baby pictures! My sugary, sweet, loveable baby!

Dustin is the best Dad any baby could ever have!

Amelia Earhart wannabe? Time to fly baby girl!

She just loved wearing the glasses--didn't even try to take them off!

Slathering on the sunscreen--gotta preserve that "white and delightsome" skin....as my father would say!

Every tropical princess needs rest...

This is where I let Kavella jump while I cook or do the dishes. She seems to enjoy being inside and outside at the same time!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

WOW, this new post is just wonderfully delicious! Kavella is just SO sweet, and yummy! I love the picture of her & the buddy at the kitchen door. SO CUTE! I love how she's starting to try to copy what she sees. The picture of her and Dust sticking their tounges out is great! Goodness, I sure can't wait to she you guys! Love you!

Beaners said...

Ok, ok, ok. Let me just start off by saying OMG!!! Kelly, that means (well for me) OH MY GOSH!!!! That is one scrumtious blog post!!! It seriously made me want to fly out there like, now! Is it still going to be warm at all at the end of November? I hope so! I want to get that baby to the beach! Ok, now I have a few things to mention about the pictures. Let's begin. First, those little pink shoes and the other ones that Jenn gave her are so darling! I want to eat her foot off. Photo Shoot, perfect! HAhahahahahahahaha, ok now the picture of you, priceless! You seriously look like a little boy! Hahaha, I can't believe Emily's Mom let her have boys over to play with at that young of an age, alone! Hahahahaha! Ok, sorry, I had to get it all out, even though I'm sure if I called you to talk about it, I'd still be laughing. A few things I saw while enlarging every picture was your splayed foot that looks like a bird claw in the picture of just K's pink and brown shoes. Hilarious! Sorry for pointing that out. And her tiny little tongue, awww, it's so precious! And her and Choco against your jail iron door, sad and afdorable! (JK!! about the sad) And of course I always love beach baby!! The one with sunscreen everywhere is so cute! And I hope someone doesn't steal her from your kitchen! Maybe I'll come by and steal her just to teach you a lesson! Anyway, call me sometime. Love you guys! (Sorry this is super long)

Jenn said...

I'm with Colleen. I thought I already commented, but I'm loving the tongue action, though surprised it's Dustin and not you. And the window Choco is just is awesome!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

I love reading your blog for posts like this, Kavella is so lucky to have such great parents. You were still such a cute little girl too.

Anonymous said...

hey i love the pic of me and kavella. She is so cute! I'll be back in SoCal in a few weeks. I'll text ya and let ya know :)
Later

Steve