Thursday, September 3, 2009

US Open of Surfing


Going to the beach is one of my favorite things to do--I love it even more when I can watch Dustin surf! Kavella and I took a little evening trip to the beach to do just that!

If you click on the picture, you can sort of see how PACKED the pier is! The US Surfing Open was going on. When Kelly Slater would walk anywhere, it was like a swarm of giddy, screaming girls were his shadow.

Mel and I went down to Crystal Cove to meet Chante for a beach day! This is inside the tunnel that you have to walk in to get there--I like how the palm tree looks like an eighties pony tail!

Corban and Kavella riding together!

Kavella, Corban and Eden

I just love this picture! Hard to believe that Chante, Mel and I were all roommates in Hawaii EIGHT years ago! We used to just lay on the beach and enjoy the sun....yeah, slightly different beach experiences these days! I love my friends!

Becky and Hailey!




After a fun beach day, Kavella loves chillin' in her robe, talking on the phone.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

So where's the pictures of Dustin surfing?

Deanne said...

Who cares about Kelly Slater!? Just look at that buff picture of Dustin - it's a good thing Dustin didn't walk out on the pier; Kelly Slater wouldn't have known what "hit him" as he would suddenly have been standing there all alone. It looks like Kavella is running the show with her little society niche at the beach! CUTE picture of you, Mel, and Chante with the babies!

Myrick Family said...

Look at mom all gettin in the commenting action! You go Deanne!!

Shut-up with that robe!!! Where do you even find something so little and cute as that? That is way to funny. K-Mor is the only one I know who can pull something like that off. If we have a girl I am totally going to have her try though, and she WIll HAVE a sweet-action robe like that.

Love and miss you guys. Hope your birfday was a good one and that Disneyland was as magical as you hoped it would be!

KelBelle said...

Ha, ha! Beanie gave K-Mor that robe--isn't it great!? I hope you have a girl bc they're so fun to dress! Thanks for the birfday card--Fairytopia sounds like more of a magical place than Disneyland, though! Choco really wanted some fairy-lovin from that card--it made us all feel awkward!

Beaners said...

Yea!! The robe!! Yes, she does look quite cute and cozy in it! You're welcome :) jk. Those baby pictures on the beach are so cute! I love the one with all you girls! Yeah, did dustin surf? He should've!