Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beauties and Bows


Ahh, another beautiful picture of yours truly as a child. I mean, how could you not feel confident and proud of a picture like this? Let's go ahead and dissect it for the sole purpose of appreciating every aspect of the photo. First, who is in this photo? Well, this is a picture of my best friend Serenity and me. Who knows how old we were? I only know that we've been friends since she moved in next door at the age of six. Perhaps, seven, but definitely, not older. Second, where was this photo taken? Believe it or not, this is on a little train ride at the Tulsa Zoo. Yes, I said the ZOO. What? The background indicates differently? Hmmmm, oh yes, the picture was snapped at the most opportune time of the ride--directly in front of the natural trailer. Fits perfectly with the "nature-themed" zoo setting, yeah? Alas, you can't escape the trailer in Oklahoma. Third, don't we look like little pageant stars, what with our perfect smiles, neatly groomed hair and fashionable accessories? I'm surprised the ever-in-style front t-shirt stain wasn't visible. Last, I especially like how Seren and I fixed our bangs in the exact same manner, opposite each other. Specifically, 2/3 on one side, flattened with perfection, leaving 1/3 to playfully stray from form on the other. If you can call any portion of our hair "formed." Thanks for the pic, Seren--yet again, I find amusement in my childhood pictures!

Look at her new purse! Cassidy got K Baby a new, little, pink purse! She carries her pacifier in it.



A little day at the park. Choco spent his time FREAKING out, trying to mount other dogs, while the rest of the family played on the swings, chatted on the picnic tables and enjoyed a mild afternoon.

Delicious. I love Kavella's eyes.

She sure enjoys the baby swing!


Thanks, Granny, for the darling dress!


Indian Girl! Indian Girl! Oh, relax, all you politically correct people out there--I'm friends with plenty of Native American peoples who would find that completely appropriate!

I can't wait for Dustin to take Kavella on her first "Daddy-Daughter Date." Those are the best!

Kavella's best girlfriend, Eden. They were talking about how out of style their moms are...."I mean, you should see the purse my mom carries--it looks just like a diaper bag. Embarrassing!"

This is how Kavella utilizes her "bouncy" chair these days. At least she's resourceful.

8 comments:

Beaners said...

Yea!! I'm running out of words to describe Kavella. I use the same ones everytime, scrumptious, adorable, cute, delicious, freakin cute, etc.... I need new ones though so that you know when I'm being repetitive and when I am seriously impressed with the pictures taken and cuteness of kavella. So Let's make one up, how about Kavella is sooo stinkin Boochie Boo Bottom!! (hahaha, yes an old childhood insult now used as the best compliment around!) I am so in love with her! That new flower bow from granny is adorable!! and her little purse, precious! And remember when Dad used to call us little Indian girls? So cute! Pretty soon Dustin will be trying to "squash" Kavella down because she's getting too big just like Dad used too. Awww! I can't wait to come see you guys for Thanksgiving! And Christmas is going to be so fun with everyone here! Love you!!

Jenn said...

Wow Kelly, you were sportin' the look in that zoo picture!! Mom, you could've at least BRUSHED Kel's hair...what Ellie? You think I should brush yours?? Well, if you didn't get syrup or cheetos in your hair almost daily, maybe I would!

The classic Indian girl...Ellie hates it. Maybe it's because she has a big head and it's hard enough to get her shirts off...which makes it the perfect specimen for 'Indian Girl".

Colleen, here are some more adjectives. Delectable, flavorful, succulent, charming, captivating, enchanting, delightful, winsome.... I want you to use one of those next time. 'Boochie Boo Bottom' is solely reserved as a playful insult. I can't believe you would demean it so. You Boochie Boo Bottom.

Beaners said...

Jennifer, you totally just synonymed some of the positive words we regularly used. Cheater. I will keep with Boochie Boo Bottom, but only for Kavella will it be used for good, for everyone it's bad, including you! you boochie boo bottom!

Jenn said...

Yeah Colleen, it's called a thesaurus. Duh. So what you're saying is that my super cute, adorable kids are going to be segregated into the "bad" category. How could you Colleen?!?

Seren said...

Aaawwww, how sweet.....just reading the comments from Jen and Colleen, brings back so many happy childhood memories at the Roberts house! LOL! You girls are crackin me up!

Not to worry, I will not refer to anyone as a Boochie Boo Bottom....??? Hahaha....in the style of the South I will say that Miss K is a Cutie Patootie....Sugar Britches....or maybe even a Sweet Lil 'ole Sugar Baby! Can't y'all just hear that roll off my tongue?!

Hey Kel, if you look closely our lips are purple...from the Snocones we had....there were definitely some stains on those overalls somewhere....but we were definitely havin some fun!

Love you to pieces,

Your Peace Loving Cherokee Friend....Serenity Noelle (that's Peaceful Christmas in Indian talk) tee-hee

Jenn said...

I totally forgot about 'cutie patootie'! Brian's family says "booby". Maybe they spell it "boobie", either way, they call my kids female breasts....

Beaners said...

Hahahahahahaha, about the booby stuff, weird. ;) And Jenn, I have not segregated your kids, they are also all boochie boo bottoms :) Love you!

Stephanie said...

Kelly,
I totally love all of your pics. Kavella is adorable--maybe we can set her up with Tyler or Isaac! I have to say thought, the pic of you and Serenity is truly my fav. Love you!
When are you coming to visit Oklahoma?