Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's My Birthday, My B-B-B Birthday!

Cause it's my birthday, my b-b-b-birthday!! I had the absolute, BEST birthday ever!! My family gave me cards, moolah, movie tickets, candy, a TJMaxx gift card and dinner at the Newport Rib Co. (my favorite rib place)! Thanks Mom & Dad, Eloise & Dave, Deina & Jim and Shane & Erica!! Also, thanks for the birthday wishes from everyone else!! Could it get any better? Well....

My friends Melody, Kristy, Megan, Autie and Jenn all pitched in to contribute toward a Disneyland pass!! How generous and thoughtful of them!! It was such a surprise! Melody took me to the park and showed me the "ropes" of getting my pass and picture, so that was quite the blessing! Let me break it down:

Yearly Pass: $144
Friends' contribution: -$36
Birthday discount: -$70
=$38.00

What!?! How could I NOT buy a pass for that price? I am so excited to go with my friends and their kids this year! Thanks ladies!

Thanks, Melody!

Corban and Kavella on their way to play!


This was her first ride into the Haunted House....

Mel & Corban, Megan & Addison and Kristy & Dallin


Kristy, Jen, me and Mel

My beautiful, blue-eyed baby!

Pirates ride!

So, surely my birthday couldn't get ANY better, right? Well, my handsome husband took the day off work, gave me a couple longboards and took me surfing!! It was great because he could hold Kavella, walk all the way out to the waves (super low tide) and direct me on which waves to paddle for! It was so much fun! I'm stoked to get out there this winter--wearing a wet suit, of course!



"Da na, na, Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na....." If you've ever gone surfing with us, then you'll know exactly what song that is!! "ha, ha, ha, Wipe Out!!"

Kbaby wanted to take a shot at surfing, so we just threw her on the board and pushed her out. Jk, but she did practice standing up!

No possible way my birthday could be better. What? Outback for dinner!? Mmmm, I love Victoria's Filet. Hands down, the best steak around! Then, Dustin surprised me with a new ipod touch!!! I've been wanting one of those for a long time! I downloaded the Scriptures app, which gives me the four books, all primary manuals, hymns, primary songs, conference talks, U.S. Constitution, Proclamation, Living Christ, J.S. Manual and MORE!! Forget lugging the quad and manual to church anymore--I just slip this handy little device into my diaper bag and viola--anything you want. Like I said, BEST birthday ever!! Thank you (everyone) for making my day special!

6 comments:

Beaners said...

YEA!!!! That seriously looks like the best birthday EVER!!!! I hope I get a birthday like that some day!! Those surfboard is sooo cute! And I'm so glad we have ipod touches together! Kavella is so cute surfing! And now you just made me extremely hungry for Outback!!! I love you!! Call me!

Jenn said...

What a great birthday!! Kavellla doesn't look too happy on that board.... So glad that you and Colleen have iPod touches together...aww.

Love the pictures!! Love you!

Jenn said...

Hey, what is the app called?? Does it work with just an iPod (I know, I'm in the stone age)?

Beaners said...

Jenn, just get a dang ipod touch already!

Jenn said...

I can't. Brian bought me my iPod like 6 months before they came out with the "touch". And he had it engraved....

Anonymous said...

Engraved, enschmaved. Just have your daughter throw it (with force) onto the tile floor like mine did. Oh, and when I was talking on the phone to Brian the other night, I totally broke my Blackberry from dropping it! Stuuuuupid! But, I would still have Ellie drop it so you won't get the brunt of the blame! :) -Kel