Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A New Baby!

Kavella is such a sweetheart! Just this past Sunday, she started to smile a ton! It was like a little switch went on and she woke up! She smiles a lot in the morning. She makes these sweet "ahhh" and "dahhh" sounds, too! I could just gobble her right up! It's like she's really engaged in her environment now!

Along with smiling more, she sure is using her lungs more! Instead of just crying to notify me of hunger or a poopy diaper, she is SCREAMING at me to let me know she's mad! For the first time, she wouldn't take "the goods" (aka milk....) when I offered; instead, she just wanted to yell at me for a while and then drop into a deep sleep! Also, I think she can tell a real difference (when I'm holding her) from when we're standing up or sitting down. She prefers that I stand, which is fine during the day, but night is torturous!

Yesterday, we met Dustin for lunch at Arby's. I love their curly fries, and we had a 5 for $5 coupon, which Dustin used! I used to ONLY get their chicken strips, but they don't even sell them anymore! I opted for a toasted philly/swiss with au ju...ah jue....au jue...well, dipping sauce. It was pretty tasty! Afterward, Kavella and I went to get some exercise at the Irvine Spectrum (an outdoor mall). She did great! She stayed awake the whole time, just looking around and making noises (from her mouth, not her booty). TWO girls even said she looks just like me (her eyes at least)! Usually, people say she looks like Dustin, but since he wasn't there, I got all the glory!

Oh, I also made Mom's Chicken Adobo yesterday! It turned out quite tasty, I must say! It was a really easy dish to make, but tasted like it took a world of effort! Kavella screamed through most of the preparation, but I had to just let her cry since I had salmonella all over my hands...well, chicken juice at least! The skin was super slippery and it was taking me forever to pull it all off of the thighs!

Well, I better scurry off to the shower while Kavella is napping. Perhaps I'll even have time to put mascara on....oh, those lofty goals I set for myself! Oh! I'll be posting her first day of church and blessing pics later!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I think Kavella definitely has your eyes!

I've been craving Arby's curly fries and I haven't even been there in, like, 10 years!

And just wait, soon she'll be completely in her environment to the point that the messes will be sizable.

Beaners said...

Aww, Kavella is already becoming more and more like her mom, high maintenance, hahaha! :) I'm just joking! Curly fries do sound D-lish! Kelly! Guess what?? Yesterday we went to Brick oven for lunch, and I got a swiss/roast beef sandwich with Au Jus Sauce!!!! That is crazy! I miss you guys sooo much! It's killing me! I want to come visit so bad, so get ready cause we might! Oh, and let me know if you guys are going to Hurricane, then maybe we could come down! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the chicken turned out well! I usually just pull the main hunk of skin off. There may be some little bits left here and there that I don't worry about. It's definitely a good recipe - even good enough for company and one that's so easy to make. How are you coming on posting the latest pictures of Kavella? Love, Mom