Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lifelong Practical Joke

While most people are born with birthmarks that resemble lakes, ponds or puddles in shape, our daughter was marked much differently. You see, my sister Jennifer thinks she is quite hilarious. In heaven, she must have decided to write on Kavella with some sort of permanent marker....for, on the back of Kavella's head, her birthmark reads....yup, "JeN." Furthermore, it is upside down, which leads me to believe that Kavella was sleeping during the alleged marking, therefore having no knowledge of or ability to rectify aforementioned birthmark before coming to earth! Thanks a lot Aunt Nennerpoo! It's actually not as clear in the picture, but you get the idea...remember, it's upside down...do you see it?

Speaking of writing your name on other people's stuff, this reminds me of my scrapbox growing up. Mom made a box for each of the older kids (Jenn, Ricky and Kelly) that was filled with memorable items, awards and achievements. Each box was neatly labeled with our names using permanent sharpie. One day, Ricky was teasing me and decided to take claim of my scrapbox. As I reached for my scrapbox, I discovered that he had put a large "X" through my name and re-labeled it with his.....using pen. Not only that, but he also wrote his name on all four sides of my scrapbox. What a punk! Ha, ha! I won't even go into how many times I thought Ricky would end my life in the swimming pool...that's a different post.


Oh-my-goodness! What a tasty little hat THAT is! Aunt Erica gave Kavella this treat and I think she looks quite stylish in it!


Thanks, Aunt Erica and Uncle Shane!!

The next two pictures are from our walk down to the pier. Things really start getting busy during the summer where we live, so it's great to go "people watch." People-watching is probably one of my favorite things to do, especially with all the tourists coming through!




After church, we are sometimes invited to Auntie Deina's house for dinner, which we love! Deina makes tangy, delicious food! Granny and/or Poppy get to come when they're in town, too! We sure like living in the same town as the Wakehams and we dread when it changes.








The above picture is one of Kavella in her swing pod. It has this mobile attachment, which she just loves to suck on! I love her toes. I just smooch them all the time! The picture below is Kavella's first time eating "rice cereal." It was so cute--she didn't really open her mouth, but instead just sort of sucked it up--kinda like she was still trying to suck a nipple!


The next picture is of an outfit that Granny made for Kavella! It is ridiculously darling! Well, first Granny bought her the bow, but I didn't have anything that matched! So, sure enough, Granny built an entire outfit around the bow--genius! We love Granny!



Last, Brian came to California on a work trip, so we were excited to have him visit for a few hours! Uncle Brian took the train from Ventura and we picked him up in Irvine! We went to TK Burger for dinner and then he had to continue on to Oceanside!


9 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, that Brian guy is so good-looking, glad I'm married to him!

Okay, first off, she was fully aware of the tattoo on the back of her neck, in fact, she asked for it...after I suggested it. But she thought it'd be funny too, so I'd watch out for that girl!!

Secondly, that outfit Eloise made is DARLING!!

Third, isn't it hot in CA? Dustin's wearing a beanie/cap/whatever they're called these days, how is he not hot?! And I know people watching is your favorite sport, you must be thoroughly entertained.

Fourthly, Kavella is SO. DANG. CUTE!

Fifthly (not sure that's a word), this is the longest comment ever.

Love you!

Jenn said...

Oh yeah, do you like my new profile picture. I swear, Ellie has a nose-picking problem. Her finger is constantly there. At least she doesn't eat them anymore....

Morgan said...

Haha, lol, just laughing at Jen's posts.
Kelly, I love all the new photos! That little cuttie pie is sure getting bigger. I can not wait to see you guys again!!! We've missed you SO much! It just never gets old, Kavella just keeps getting more beatufil every day! Love you guys!

Beaners said...

OH MY GOSH!! I'm in love! Ok, the birthmark, hilarious! I love it, almost as much as her crack baby face which I need to look at about once a week for a good laugh :)

Second, that hat is soooo darling! I want to take a spoon and eat her when she has it on!

I want to come walk the pier with you guys! I hope that we can come for Thanksgiving! Chris even says we're going to be there when we talk about Thanksgiving! :) So hopefully it'll work out and we can make our first turkeys together!

Next, whose grandson is granny Eloise holding?

Kavella and the flowers are sooo cute together, she is just so dang beautiful!!

I always look at this at work, and when I saw her slurping the rice krispies and read that you said it was alike she was sucking a nip, I laughed out loud! I get a lot of looks sometimes :) So funny!

OK, ok, ok, that outfit that Eloise made is soooo dang cute! I love it!! What a crafty lady she is, and Kavella looks great in it! I want to gnaw on those little cheeks of hers! They look so good in that picture!

PS. Dear Jenn, my comment is longer than yours so suck on that! haha, jk, I love you!

Morgan said...

I just love that picture of Kavella eating the rice cereal! She's just so cuttie! Yum Yum!

Jenn said...

Yeah, well Colleen, I posted twice...so there! ;)

And I have the best word verification ever right now...it's, get ready, 'water'. It's an actual word!

KelBelle said...

Comment wars--sweet. Yes, I love Jenn's new picture of Ellie picking her nose--I'd go ahead and encourage her to eat them because it's better than finding them on the furniture!

I think Dustin was wearing the beanie less for function and more to cover up messy hair...which I suppose the beanie is functioning to do that, too!

Colleen, you BETTER be here for Thanksgiving! That's all I have to say!

Morgan, did you have fun with the fam while they were in town? I bet you are Roberts-out!

My verification word is "upoth"

Beaners said...

I always get real words for my word verification, like today's is 'taina' I can use that during boggle right? that's why I always win :) I make up words and they end up being real! Hahaha! And Jenn, this is also my second comment and it's still longer! What sista!? Love you!

Jenn said...

Hahaha, I make up words in Boggle too, half the time they are actual words.... Just wait Colleen, the next post, you're going down...to the ground...to get out of the rain, boom, boom, boom.