Monday, May 18, 2009

Springtime!!

It's springtime! Besides my new favorite holiday--Mother's Day--Spring brings out many other "favorites" of mine! Specifically, new flowers, blooming trees, warm evening strolls, shorts, flip flops, sun dresses, afternoons on the beach, grilling hamburgers, sunglasses, driving with our windows rolled down, makin' s'mores in the fire pits, playing "catch," visiting Dog Beach with Choco and sleeping with the windows open! On the other hand, Spring also brings an onslaught of cleaning. I cleaned my blinds last week, which were more than dirty! After a trashcan FULL of black paper towels, I can now open my curtains and windows without turning my hands dark gray! Ha, ha! Funny how dirty things can get when you're not looking! I preferred to keep that dirt hidden behind my curtains all winter, which went nicely with whatever is growing behind my oven, fridge and washer! I suppose I'll have to tackle that task sometime soon, too!





This is Choco looking up at me, just waiting for the "go ahead" to start walking again! What a good pup!




You can barely see her polka-dot pants, but she LOVES staring at the dots all over her legs when she wears these pants. There's an easy parenting tip--forget the toys, just dress her in entertainment!



No, she's not getting tired of me kissing her cheeks at all...why do you ask?




Kavella loves her cousin Tanner!


Dustin had to work REALLY late one night, so Kavella and I drove down to meet him for a little dinner! What a hard worker he is...and so handsome, too!


Look at those monkey toes--she doesn't even use her hands to grab at things, she just whips one of her feet up! JK


Heeeeeeeyyyyyy!!



This is Kavella's friend, Corbin! He's four months older than her.



I'm pretty sure she was working on a small surprise for me....



2 comments:

Beaners said...

it's like the pictures are soo cute, and we laughed and talked about everyone! My favorite is Kavella's double chin, spit bubble, booby one! :) Haha! 2 days!!!! yea! Love you!

Jenn said...

Okay, at this point, I must admit to feeling like saying that weird thing you guys always say to my kids "I want to just eat her up"!!! I can't wait to see you guys!! We're gonna have so much fun! And then I can "molest" her cheeks just like you and Grant molest my kids' cheeks!! That sounded bad, but it's your word (and it just means "pester or harass, typically in an aggressive or persistent manner").