Monday, December 1, 2008

COLLEEN'S SURPRISE!!!!

I LOVE COLLEEN!!! I have the best little sister in the world! On the morning of my baby shower, as I casually awoke around 10:30, I stretched my arms and thought of all the household chores I would complete before the party! I began by eating a bowl of cereal and viewing the "Price is Right." After which, I checked my email, took a few things to the garage and slowly began making a to-do list. At lunch time (12:15), I got out all the necessary components for my peanut butter and jelly meal, peeled a pear and sat to enjoy it...Oh! noticing my phone light up (it's ALWAYS on silent), I grabbed it and was delighted to see "Beanie" calling! Nonchalantly, I answered, "What's up, Colleenie Bean?" A stern, serious reply came--"Where have you been for the last THREE hours?! I'm in Long Beach, and I've been calling you ALL morning!" (Sure enough, I had received 50 missed calls!) Confused, I queried as to what exactly she was trying to pull.....the information she was giving me made no sense! She had flown in to surprise me for my shower!!!!

Needless to say, I felt absolutely TERRIBLE for stranding her in LB for four hours. I mean, terrible! Apparently, Dustin was to pick her up that morning, but had to leave for a work meeting after Colleen's plane was re-routed to Burbank because of fog. I finally picked her up, and then we began our weekend of playing!! This was the best surprise I've ever had! It meant so much to have Beanie come out! I love her sense of humor, her energy, her kindness and her easy going ways! We had a blast--here are a ton of pictures!




Colleen took pictures of our pup surfing with Dustin! He pearled once, but was successful the rest of the time! Doesn't he look excited to be out there.....ha, ha!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

That totally rocks that Colleen was able to come out and visit! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I can not wait to get back out there. I miss you guys SO much! I love the pics of the buddy surfing. That's awesome you got him out there! Love ya! And hope you're feeling well!

Myrick Family said...

Colleen what a sweetie! Sisters are so great to have. I think Choco could give Dustin a run for his money...what a stud. Love'n the preg belly!

Jenn said...

I think you look exactly like that girl I saw on the beach once. We couldn't tell she was pregnant until she turned to the side!! You look so cute! And Colleen is a sweet, funny (lookin'...just kidding Colleen), beautiful sister, the best brown-eyed one I've got!!

Beaners said...

Kelly! I miss you so much already! I wish I could be there to see you have my little niece in 1 month!!! Can you believe that?? One month left!! I'm so excited for you! And you know if I could, I would be there with you every day! I love you so much!!