Friday, June 10, 2011

My 30th Birthday! (Sept. 2010)

Happy 30th Birthday to me!! When I woke up on Sept. 4, 2010, I found my house decorated with streamers, balloons and presents! What a treat to have Colleen, Ricky and Morgan there to celebrate with Kavella, Dust and me! I couldn't ask for anything better!

Wait, yes I could--a dinner at P.F. Changs with my husband, siblings, Aunt Stacy and sister-in-law Deina! I was surrounded by my loved ones, while eating my favorite foods--now THAT is a great 30th!


Ricky and Morgan were so sweet to purchase me an ice-cream cake! Thanks to Beanie for decorations/candles and to Stacy for the pretty flowers...which, sadly I killed after about a month. I'm sorry. My thumb is black. Or whatever the saying is. Also, thanks to Deina for the Bath and Body Works goodies, which are always a favorite!


Dustin is such a little gem--he got me a rotary cutter, a clear large ruler and a cutting mat! They have all come in so handy for my sewing attempts! Last, I don't have a picture of it, but Mom/Dad, Eloise/Dave and Grandma/pa Selin all hooked me up with money!! Best birthday, ever. Thanks, everyone, for making it so special.



"What the heck, Mom? Can't I just chill with Unkie Wicky without always having to get my picture taken? 'Sup with that?"

Urchins.

I love my Uncle Ricky.

Starfish.

Morgan and me. In order to get to the tide pools, you have to cross a section of beach that becomes completely covered with water when a wave comes, otherwise you'll get soaked. Can you guess which one of us had bad timing?

This is the section. It's like a tiny, private beach when the tide is low. I think we went during high tide, so the water would come up and fill this entire area in. Aunt Beanie is a snuggle bug!

The whole crew. I am so happy with my family. Dustin, however, looks like he's anticipating a punch from Muhammad Ali. It's gonna hurt.


Saturday at the beach--a bit more crowded than during the week. Or maybe everyone came to celebrate my birthday....too far, Kelly, too far. What a narcissist I am.

What a picturesque shot of Laguna Beach--thank you, Colleen! If you look closely, you can see the keyhole entrance (in the rock) that we usually take to get to the tide pools. Uh-oh, the tide was too high!

Ricky tried to put his bear claws through this tiny hole....no, no, fat hands, too big!

Whoop! There you go! Just right.

Air-Brobie! Ricky and Morgan brought their cool frisbee that had a big hole in the middle. If you're a skilled Air-Robier, then you can catch the frisbee on your feet, under your leg and behind your back....I'll work on just getting it to my intended target. It was fun to skate/bike down to the ocean!


Anemone.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, you were pretty excited about that rotary cutter. Wish I could've been there, looked like fun!! Love you!

Unknown said...

My family went to the Oregon Coast a few years back. It was great because I had never been there before. We saw so many cool things like in these pictures. The tide pools are so fun because they have lots of sea life in them.

http://www.manwill.net/heating.php