Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Literally, the Best Whale-Watching Trip! (09/10)

I had two free whale-watching tickets for Newport Harbor, so off we went! Sisters....forever.

We pretty much had the boat to ourselves, which was really nice! Plus, the boat crew remembered Kavella and me from a previous trip, so they spent lots of time explaining things to us and gave us preferential treatment. Special.




It was a tad cold at first, so we kept warm in the cabin part of the boat. Isn't Kavella ridiculously tasty?


Dolphins!

Okay, this is not my personal opinion on whale-watching. This opinion comes straight from the mouths of our boat guides, and it is validated by the Orange County Register newspaper the next day: this was the best whale-watching trip of the year!! We happened upon a whale that was rolling over, eating and jumping out of the water! We even saw the whale's underbelly! It was such an awe-inspiring event! I'm stoked that Colleen and I got to see it!

You may have to enlarge the picture to see the whale since he blends in pretty well, but look at how much of him you can see!

Ugh, so crowded.




What a fun day! I am blessed to live here.

1 comment:

Matt and Mel Odell said...

Way better than when we went, I was so annoyed that day!!!