Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Finally, Kavella Has a Mom! (Dec. '10)

Ha, ha, nakie baby on a Hawaiian couch.

Yup, another family photo where Kavella is checking out the ground...sigh.

On our west-side treks, we had to navigate a bumpy, dusty road in order to arrive at our destination. It was especially awesome for those of us suffering from all-day-pregnancy-sickness.







Cool waterfall! Weird--Kavella is looking at the ground. That's unusual...:)

Yea! That pretty much counts as a family photo. I tried taking a picture without the sunglasses, but that just turned out to be a picture with my eyes closed...see how close they are to closing in the other waterfall one?

I was addicted to these passion fruit smoothies that cost $6.00 a cup--they were one of the few things I could actually enjoy while being ill. Anyway, throughout the week, I always encountered the same Hawaiian lady who would warn me to "ahhh, try stay away from brain-freeze," which I did. Well, the last day of our trip, I went to get another smoothie and discovered the oldest man on the island was working the smoothie booth. Okay, I already knew exactly what I wanted, so after placing our order (including a shake for Dust), I waited in eager anticipation for the icy, chunky, cold refreshment that was sure to come.....I watched this old dude prepare it and I became slightly concerned at how long it took him to put each ingredient in the blender--iiiiiiiicccccce......miiiiiiiiilk.....passsssssssionnnn fruuiiiiiit...oooohhhh my gooooooshhh, etc.-- but I remained hopeful. Literally, like 13 minutes later, he called our order number. Instead of a last terrific smoothie experience, I started my journey of consuming this completely liquid, overly sweet "smoothie" that was more like drinking liquid juice concentration. It was HORRIBLE, but I had to get my six dollars' worth. Horrible.

I may or may not have pawned it off onto Dustin to finish--he's a champ.




"Yeeeeee Hawwwww!" The end of our Kauai trip!

No comments: