Monday, January 11, 2010

Wedding and Reception

Utah for Christmas! Ricky and Morgan were married in the Timpanogas Temple, which was packed with nervous grooms and happy brides. I had never seen so many couples getting married at the same temple--and I got married in the San Diego temple during it's haydays! I suppose Utah is a whole different ball game....Above, Shane and Colleen; maybe Shane was looking at a bird or something.

(All of the next 2,000 pictures will be backwards because of the way they uploaded, so if you want to head to the bottom of this post, feel free...I'm certainly not copying and pasting every single picture in the right order.)

A little closer, please....





We let Kavella drive us to the reception. Look how tasty she is!

Aren't Mom and Dad so cute!? Mom's new dress looked gorgeous!



Our totally happy family--Kavella was sure enjoying picture time! Thankfully, Bryce E. Boy watched her during the ceremony. We set up her pack n' play in a primary room that was pitch black, so Bryce just played on the ipod touch in the same room. What a champ Bryce is!!

This may or may not be a sister, posed dog-pile.

And this was a totally candid shot, too. Sometimes Shane and Bryce just like to lay on their tummies and talk, what can I say?

I stole a ton of pictures from Jenn--this was one of them. Grandpa Richard Arthur Roberts. Dad Richard Doyle Roberts. Brother Richard Aaron Roberts. Aren't they handsome?

We all met at the Stake Center to set up for the reception! It was a Winter Wonderland theme, which turned out perfectly. Morgan paid for the entire thing herself! It was really pretty and serene. Look at cupcake Mom up there--she is so hardworking, patient, faithful, self-disciplined, smart, and selfless!

I love Dad! He is my hero. He is always prepared, kind, giving, thoughtful, fun and happy!

"Now, you're gonna want to trim it up a little before you tear in there with a razor, Ricky...." Going clean-shaven for the wedding proved a challenge....

What is that face, Bryce? Well, I do have a stupid camera that gives two flashes, but I'm not entirely sure that's a valid excuse for this photo.


Before the reception, all the kids (sans Ricky) decided to head to Wingers for some dinner! They have the best "Original Sauce" boneless wings. Okay, everyone thinks I always find things wrong with my meals, talk to the manager, get free meals, etc. However, I have really improved in that department. Let me tell you how I set the stage for success--I order food that can't be messed up (chicken crispers), I don't modify (no this/add that business) and I don't expect perfection (I guess I can eat this a little soggy, cold, etc.). I seriously haven't complained or returned a meal in four years! I swear!

Having said that, as we sat around waiting for our food, we discussed one of my only remaining phobias--hair. Lately, I've been on the receiving end of hair attacks! Only days before our Utah trip, I found a hair at the bottom of my salad at the "Melting Pot." Also, I was served another plate of food with a piece of hair from a good friend. Furthermore, mere minutes before arriving at Wingers, I was quite literally attacked by a 6-foot braided pony tail that wrapped around my person, causing internal panic and physical paralization. Okay, perhaps I'm slightly dramatic, but hair is NASTY.

Anywho, to tie this all together, sure enough, when the waitress came to deliver my food, I spotted a hair on my crispers. Yes, I know, the plate didn't even touch the table before I saw it. It's not because I wanted some sort of free or perfect meal. All I ask is for the bare minimum of sanitation. I almost lost my appetite. That, coupled with the waitress placing an entire pitcher of water in front of.....Kavella, served to make our Wingers experience unique. No, I didn't get a free meal, and they probably just pulled the hair off and returned the same chicken crispers to my table. Who knows.



Congratulations, Ricky and Morgan! What a beautiful couple! Now, just prepare yourselves for Dad's encouragement for posterity. It'll be forthcoming.







I always feel like some sort of beast when I take pictures with my sisters and Mom. I have to crouch down a bit....



Okay, these last pictures are from the Morrisons' Christmas dinner at the Wakehams! Kavella loves playing piano with her cousins!


Kavella's first Christmas gift. Her Granny and Poppy gave her some comfy, pink sheets!

How classic is this picture!? Dan and Les gave them some guns for the ranch.....let's hope this picture doesn't turn out to be ironic....

Cousin Maddy surprised everyone by coming down from El Dorado Hills!



This was one of those homework boards....she's ready for school!


Look at my first pair of tennis shoes! They're really cute, but not so practical. You see, all the shoes that fit me aren't equipped with sure-grip soles. That's because I started walking when I was only 10 months old, and I guess baby shoes aren't made for actually using, only viewing. Weird.

I hope you all enjoy the next five posts because after this whole Utah trip, it's back to Kavella blog!

2 comments:

JS said...

ok, Kavella is freakin cute... and i love the picture of your in laws with the guns!

Glad you had a good Christmas! Lets play.

Jenn said...

Hahaha, you and hair...! I love the one of Kavella tonguing the school clipboard. And man, I can't believe I look so old!! Did you see those laugh lines around my eyes...sheesh.