Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chubby Hands and Hangnails

I love her chubby little hands! She has all these little hangnails, but I can't really do much about it because her nails are half sticking up and half connected to the skin on her fingers! Kavella is constantly scratching her face up, so I try to put her in clothes that have those built-in gloves.

This is her preppy outfit, given to her by Nancy and Dennis. Dennis (CFO) works with Dustin and I was able to spend time with Nancy at the Manager's Retreat. They are such a nice, fun couple! I know you can't see the purple in her dress, but I swear it's there! Of course, I slapped an enormous bow on her head to cover how bald it is! I'm just going to level with everyone--I'm not such a fan of head bows, but I realize they are a great way to mask such aforementioned genetic inheritances! Now, if the bow is petite and cute, I think it's cute. However, some bows are just huge, make her ears stick out and remind me of a maid....or one of those athletic sweat bands...or a gift. Oh well, I'll keep using them so long as she's bald, which could be a few years!



She hasn't gone to the bathroom while bathing yet, but she did pee all over Grandma Roberts while she was here!
She loves listening to Dustin talk. He was giving her smooches and we think she smiled..on purpose! It was so cute!



This is my little hobo baby! So, we got PART of the hospital bill. Wow! Who knew it was so expensive to have a baby! I guess if we weren't paying for all of the uninsured people having children, then it might be less expensive! On top of that, we can barely afford the rest of the expenses associated with a child, which we provide for others (who qualify for state assistance). I'm just frustrated with the way our state/government is running things. I like the idea of accountability when it comes to receiving "freebies." Don't even get me started on State Disability/Workers' Comp. Speaking of welfare and such, how does everyone feel about Nadya Suleman? If you don't know who that is, just look it up. You should have an opinion.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I'll have to look up Suleman and get back to you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the khaki sort of dress!! SO cute, if I have another girl, I want to borrow it! :)

Jenn said...

Oh yeah, the EPITOME of welfare mom! I remember seeing her on tv, being so annoyed I just turned it off. I hate people like that!!

Beaners said...

Yea! New pictures! I can only look at the 12 faces in 2 minutes so many times a day, even though I don't get sick of the milk-drunk face, it's my favorite and I laugh out loud every time I look at it! One of the adorable pics of her with Dustin is also kinda sad, cause you can see Choco's little tail in the background, looking at his Daddy and wondering why he's not being held like that. Anyway, I love the pictures! They're always so cute! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE are these pictures?!! For being sleep-deprived you're doing a great job at keeping up on the blog. Can you get a book printed with all of the pictures at the end of the year? I think Jennifer did that with her blog last year. Kavella looks way more like you in these pictures than she did in real life. When I was there I thought she favored Dustin a lot more strongly, but I can see a lot of you in her - at least from the pictures. She should be starting to smile at you from time to time. Love, Mom

Beaners said...

Kelly!! I need more pictures!! Precious days of my nieces life are passing, and I don't even know what she looks like!! Miss and Love you!!!

Jenn said...

I need more pictures of that little baby!! Brian has the time off and we'll be there if he still has a job.

eli&joelynn said...

she is the teensiest littlest peanut ever!! such a little lady!!