Friday, December 9, 2011

Kitchen Nightmares..A Real Experience.

Families are Forever.

Lowers. Or Uppers. I actually don't know.

Representing Mica!



Our family. Don't my babies look so cute and sweet and cuddly?

We thought we'd do one more with Choco in it.

Around the kitchen, Kavella proves most useful! This was my birthday cake--funfetti, of course.

So, one weekend, it was a bit too chilly for the beach, so we decided to head down to Laguna Beach and do some hiking. After dropping 15 bones to park, we trekked all around these paths that people rave about. Uh, in my opinion, it was the ugliest hike I've ever been on! If it weren't for the ocean views, I'd have thought we were in the middle of a remote military bombing site. Everything was dying and brown. Perhaps I feel this way only because I have been hiking up American Fork Canyon in Utah, which is unbelievably pretty. Oh well, at least it was fun to be with my family!

Rain!! Considering that we rarely see rain, Kavella was thrilled to use her rain boots and jump in the puddles! Okay, okay, it wasn't ACTUALLY raining--more like drizzling--but Californians are pansies like that. I suppose I make that statement because I've lived through Oklahoma rainstorms that shake the entire foundations of houses! Yes, yes, I am sooo well-traveled.


Sleeping smoochers.

So, we wanted to have Kavella's teeth (or lack thereof) looked at by the dentist. We spent all the time leading up to our appointment talking about what will happen, how to clean our teeth, how fun the dentist is, etc. When we got to the dentist, I went first so that Kavella could see what to expect. Actually, Kavella only came in while the dental assistant (a female) polished my teeth. After I finished, Kavella gladly hopped into the chair. (Side note, I have yet to find a good dentist in Huntington, so I just looked one up on my insurance company's website.) The dentist comes strolling into the room with a billowy, "Well, hello there!" Unfortunately, the dentist I picked had a massive Einstein-like fro that freaked Kavella out--literally, she was outta that chair and clinging onto me like a monkey before he could even sit down. I guess we'll have to wait to see what's going on with her pearly whites....

I'm too cheap to pay $700 for a new double-stroller, so this is how we improvise. Works perfectly...except when Kavella tries to climb down while in motion and I run her over. Don't worry though, she's a quick learner.


Ha, ha, ha, ha! Who watches "Kitchen Nightmares" with Gordon Ramsay? This famous chef/restaurant owner basically goes into deplorable kitchens and refurbishes them. Usually, the kitchens that he visits are infested with cockroaches, flies, rats or mold--just really nasty stuff. Anyway, I like watching that show. However, I do not like feeling as if I am eating in a restaurant that should be featured on his show! Such was my feeling when we went to Ruby's on the pier--I've never seen so many flies in one place. I admit that I have some phobias--hair, for example...dirty restaurants, for another example. It wasn't until this Ruby's experience that I realized just how much my daughter pays attention to my actions. Apparently, she followed suit in the I-don't-like-all-these-stinking-flies-near-my-food feeling. Look at her face in the above picture! Ha, ha, ha!

Focus, Kavella, focus--we're trying to take a picture here.....

Ugh, it's just too distracting! I can't focus on ANYTHING else!



This is us being productive at Daddy's work. Oink. Oink.

My big boy standing up!!

No comments: