Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Surf City, USA.



Why does my kid have the face of someone viewing a most offensive, disgusting act--say, a child playing with a massive booger, a poop-eating toddler or one person vomiting on another? None of those examples were present that day. No, no, it was merely bc Mom looked "bad" in our first picture attempt of getting palm trees in the shot, even though I thought we all looked just fine. Mom threatened my life if I posted it, so here you go--I offer Kavella up as a sacrifice for your beauty, Mom! As Kavella frequently says, "Oh, sorry. That's my fault." A CHILD taking responsibility. Now, that's love. JK, you know I love you Mom!

Awkward family photos! In our defense, we have a really LARGE bed that can accommodate us all.



Time for a surfing lesson! Dustin is the master of all things water, so he was the perfect instructor for Bryce. First things first: getting into a wetsuit.

"I'm gonna point to an ideal surf spot, but let's be honest...you'll pretty much be bobbing and splashing around at random..."

"Now, when the wave comes, this is how you 'pop' up..."

"In reality, the wave is going to SLAM the crap out of you! Have fun--let's go!"


"Paddle, paddle, paddle, paddle."


"Yea! Bryce did it! Da na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na..."

Best friends forever.


I love my Dad!

Pelicans don't normally sit on the beach like this; poor guy was hurt.


No one can come visit us without having their picture taken in front of these concrete surfboards.



We went on a Sunday evening stroll to Main St. where Kavella got this surely-covered-with a blood-borne disease from our local crack addicted clown. Good times.

Cuddle bug, cutie pea!

No comments: