Friday, November 4, 2011

For Pretend and For Real.


For a while there, Kavella had an aversion to having her picture taken--I guess that was her way of asserting her independence. That, and proffering up "no, I'm good," any time she didn't want to do something....like, going to bed ("no, I'm good), eating her dinner ("no, I'm good), sharing her toys ("no, I'm good), etc. She's such a funny girl!



So, here we are at "Pretend City." It's this massive place in Irvine where kids can run amok throughout various, interactive rooms/activities. There's a grocery store, a doctor's office, a post office, a beach, a house, a performing stage, an eating area, a dentist's office, etc. I will NEVER go there again. For one, it costs $12.00 a person, regardless of age. For two, the place was a total madhouse. I've never seen so many kids trying to do the same thing all at once. It was like a nightmare. Kavella is lucky that she gets to memorialize her experience with these three photos because I almost turned right around the second we walked in. Thank goodness my Mom was there to tend to Curren while I followed Kavella around to each germ-infested, child-saturated room. It probably would have been more fun for her if she had some of her Nursery friends go--it might prove a perfect birthday spot....if you're rich.



Ahhhh, now this is heaven. Seriously, my Mom's cinnamon rolls are my favorite breakfast, snack and dessert.

Happy 9th Anniversary, Dustin! Thanks to Mom babysitting, we got to go to P.F. Changs (shocking, I know) and go see a movie. I love you Dustin. I'm so thankful to have you for eternity. You truly are the best of the best in every way!


Look at that purple starfish!

Kavella loves her Bryce E. Boy!


Wow, Bryce knows how to take a picture! So artistic!




There's Bryce on the left, surfing, and there's Dad on the right, fully clothed....in the ocean. Classic Dad move.


Curren's very first beach trip! He was two weeks old. That's how we roll.

On Sunday, we walked down to the pier to listen to our local bongo players who meet every Sunday evening. Cut your hair hippies! Bryce had Kavella cracking up!

Not to take the spotlight away from Kavella, but check out fannypack-shirtless-texting-hairychested-socks and shoes at the beach dude behind her. Sexy.

Another thing Kavella likes to say is, "In a minute!" I'll ask her to come get her diaper changed and she'll say, "in a minute!" Her Uncle(s) will prod her to give him a kiss and she'll say, "in a minute!" and walk away. Her daddy will tell her it's time for bed and she'll respond, "in a minute!" Where did she pick that up? Hee, hee! My fault.

2 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

Mmmmm...your mom's cinnamon rolls. One for me please.

Anonymous said...

WOW - Pretend City came back to my mind so vividly, it seems as if I was there just yesterday! That place makes you feel like: "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" LOVED the picture of K-baby in that purple dress! And all of the beach pictures too! (Especially the one of Rick in the ocean)! I've never actually seen anyone swimming in the ocean fully clothed - unless it's a full-body wetsuit. Speaking of which, wasn't Bryce looking great? Wonderful post Kelly. Love, Mom