Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bells Beach, Australia (March 2011)

I don't know why I ALWAYS have to put my hand on my back when taking a pregnant picture. Perhaps, it's because I already feel so huge that not having my arm squished to the side of my body seems to make me feel smaller. Who knows. Anyhow, Dustin's work required him to be in Australia for a week and since I'd never been, I tagged along--sans Kavella! Should I use an exclamation point there? Sans Kavella--poor thing couldn't make it. We considered this our "baby moon," which is just another term that expectant parents use to pawn off their other kid(s) and take a vacation. Thankfully, I have top-notch in-laws and a best friend (Chante) to take care of K-baby while we were gone!! The next few pictures are actually Port Sea area, but how would you ever know that, unless you've been to Australia?




Let me explain a few things in this picture. No, I am not driving and taking pictures of myself. Yes, I am wearing a pair of Mens' Ray Ban sunglasses that I found in our rental car, which was quite lucky for me since I forgot my own sunglasses. Yes, my lips are outlined with black, gothic-style lipliner. No, I was not going through some sort of high-school-identity-crisis....I typically carry my lipliner in my wallet, along with other necessities. I have become quite the expert at applying it without a mirror. However, for our trip, I added eyeliner to the wallet mix and forgot that I did so--needless to say, I reached into my wallet, grabbed the first thing that felt like lipliner and began to apply, without looking into a mirror. Then, I felt something in my tooth, which necessitated a look in the mirror. Here's what I saw.

After 16 hours of flying, we drove straight to the water. We're getting closer to Bells Beach....



Now, we're getting further. This is Melbourne. It's a really neat city in the fact that they have lots of artistic structures, such as the one in the next photo.




Bells Beach! Looking toward Winky Pop. Whatever that means. I just know that surfers like to be here, according to Dustypoo.



Happy Valentimes Day, Dadddy! I love you.

Okay, I don't know where these pictures come from. I mean, I'm the only one uploading pictures, so I don't understand how they get so out of order. Kavella likes to read her scriptures! She flips through, looking for Jesus and other pictures that she recognizes! She is so snuggly, bubble cute.



Dusty, my little gem. Now, this IS Bells Beach. We made it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hahahaha! Love the lip liner. Dustin decided not to tell you about it??

And what the heck are you guys pointing at? Love you!

Beaners said...

Hahahahaha! I LOVE the pic of you with the eye liner/lip liner! I've never laughed so hard in my life! Also, what are you guys pointing at?? Also, I love your face in that pointing pic, it's awesome! You are the funniest person ever!! I LOVE yoU!! (P.S. That pic of K reading was taken in March when I came to visit while Dust was away, it was sooo cute! LOve you!)