Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Park City '09

Park City, 2009!! I was stoked to be able to spend a week in the mountains and see my family! Thanks to Dave and Eloise, we were able to get a really good deal at Mountainside Marriott! Our suite was bigger than my entire house in Huntington, so Kavella was able to explore non-stop! What was even more perfect was the fact that she had her own room! I could put her in her crib, shut her door, walk through the living room/kitchen area, enter my room and shut my own door, which effectively drowned all chances of getting up four times at night to feed her! Don't judge me....it was the best weeks' sleep I've had in almost a year! I was on vacation! :)

Colleenie Bean was able to take off work and school to come play! I sure love my sister--she is fun, energetic, easy-going and humorous! We had such a good time tooling around Park City! We even got to head down to Midvale to eat at Chilis one night--it's our FAVORITE place to eat. Let me tell you what's the best--skillet queso (which also includes salsa) followed by Big Mouth Bites (with accompanying onion strings) and a chocolate shake. D-liiiiiiish! Mmmmm, I'm craving it now....

The hotel had 7 or 8 hot tubs, which were cozy warm! Colleen forgot her swimsuit, so she just went in a t-shirt and shorts--until we trekked to Wal-Mart to purchase a cheap suit....stupid, Ruggles, stupid! Don't worry--we would jump in the heated pool before submerging Kbaby in the hot tub so it wasn't bad at all!

After each spa excursion, we'd wrap Kavella up in two towels and rush back up to our room. She is such a champ of a baby--always goes with the flow!

The girls! I love these two ladies! XOXOXOX


The ski lift was right next to the pool area, so if the runs were open, we could've people-watched! But alas, we had to just enjoy nature! Don't Colleen and Kavella look cute?!

Hot tub tootsies.

I love my little baby! No, I mean, I LOVE her. Seriously, who'd have thought I could love anyone this much? I think she is sweet, smart, deliciously cute and a joy to be around!

For Halloween weekend, Ricky, Morgan and Chris came up! It's great spending time with family! I love my big brother!

You may be wondering why I am sandwiched between Colleen and Chris while he is half-naked? So am I.....

Each game of pool cost a dollar--I think we spent close to $30. Worth it!

Even Kavella played a few rounds!

When we weren't playing pool, we were taking turns on Guitar Hero. I wish I owned Guitar Hero. I mean, Nintendo 64 is awesome and all, but.......

(Almost) Aunt Morgan! Ricky and Morgan are getting married in December, then she will officially be a family member! We're excited to have her! Morgan was so helpful with Kavella--watching her, carrying her and loving her!

Speaking of loving, let's talk about how much Unkie Wicky molestered K-baby! Now I know how Jenn feels when I visit her kids! At one point, Ricky demonstrated his ability to completely fit Kavella's cheek in his mouth. We were all feeling awkward by then....jk. We love Ricky! He's outgoing, funny, entertaining and a leader!




"Juicy" is right--I don't know what she's doing with her little finger, but apparently she knew exactly what kind of picture this was going to be! Scrumptious.

Mom and baby, getting ready for a swim! Even though her baby thunder thighs are gone, I stil like to nibble on her tasty legs. That's normal, right?



One night, Beanie and I got totally apple-juiced...All week, we had been walking around acting like Kavella's two moms, so we opted to take pictures like we were eachothers "partners." See how we're hooking arms? We even entered the "Not so Newlywed Game" in the gameroom. Weird. Why can't we just be normal?

After a few glasses of the apple goodness, we thought we were pretty enough to take "sexy" photos. Apparently not. I especially love the freckle moustache I'm rocking. That hurts. No, that really hurts (because it's true)! Waaaaahhhhh, I hate myself!



Deer right outside our window! I love being in the mountains!


This laundry basket provided hours of entertainment for Kavellabella--it's like the "polig" version of a walker. Don't ask what "polig" means...you know what I'm talking about! If you don't, you shouldn't.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...."

This was about a week before she officially started walking. The skills really came to fruition when she was exactly 10 months old! Good work, munchkin!


No, she totally loves my kisses, why?

Gettin' cozy by the fireplace.

6 comments:

Beaners said...

OK, funniest blog post EVER! I'm not even joking, I think my co-workers are starting to really find out that I don't work all day, because I just spent the last 30 minutes straight laughing out loud because of how funny this post was! What a great week that was! I skipped school and work and came to play in Park City! That was the best! Ok, now it's time to go through these pictures and say what I think, feel, or see. Here we go...

First of all, great job on doing my makeup in the first picture! I look very cute if I do say so myself! Even Kavella is like "whoa, who is this girl? It sure isn't my normally ugly auntie Colleen" but Kavella, it is!!! I wish that you could do my makeup everyday!

And can I just say "Oh my gosh" about Chili's? Just after reading that first paragraph my mouth began salivating and I'm already craving it, Mmmm...Chili's...

I loved the hot tubs! They were soo fun! But even more fun once I got my white trash swimsuit bottoms for $3 at walmart!!!! Yea!

How does Kavella have such blue eyes? That's all i want to know in life, give me the answer to that question and I will be satisfied with life and free to die.

Tootsies and Waterfalls! Love them both!

Ok, but seriously...how is Kavella so cute? I honestly don't even understand it, I've never beheld a baby as cute as Kavella and Dallin and Scott and Ellie, even with her gray, dead tooth...:) Hahaha, jk Jenn!! It'll fall out and she's still beautiful!!

Ok, picture of you, me, and half-naked Chris, Priceless. But even more priceless than the picture, your comment about it! Haha! Nice pecks Chris!!! And arms! Ow ooowww!

Pool+Ricky= me pissed off... except when Chris and I win 3 games in a row against him and Morgan because he scratched on the 8 ball at the end of every one of those games that they were about to win, HI-larious!

Guitar Hero, love it! Except when you keep beating me over and over and over and over, then I stop playing because I'm mad. Hahaha, it's ok, maybe I'll practice and will be able to beat you at one game.

Pictures of Ricky mawling Kavella are hilarious, even more so the memories of him seriously putting her head in his mouth! Now we all know how Jenn felt those first few years...sorry Jenn, but not really, all of your guys' kids are sooo scrum-didily-uptious!

Juicy Bum!! Ruffle bum! Ruffle Boobies!! All sooo cute!!

Ah the sexy pictures..what can I say? We are two sexy girls! I especially love my greasy hair and the fact that you can tell that I'm about to pee my pants laughing! I also love how your right eye is more closed than the left, sloth... :) hahaha jk!!!

The next thing I love is that Kavella's pink rose bow is literally larger than her head, I mean I don't know how that thing didn't just straight snap her neck right off, it's huge! It's like an orange on a toothpick! :) JK, we all know I'm JKing

Deer, love em!

Yea for Christmas!! Because that means more Kbaby, Kelly, Jenn, and all my family! And Ricky and Morgan getting hitched! Yea!!

Ok, last but definitely not least since I think it made me laugh the most is the 2nd to last picture where you're trying to kiss Kavella and it looks like she is just fed up, her head is thrown back, her mouth is open in a yell and pointed downward in a frown, funniest thing I've ever seen accompanied with the comment you put with it! Love you guys!!!! Tell Dustin that the shirts look sweet! I'd buy them if I could get Chris to wear skater/snowboarder brands. I think I'm gonna get one just to test him with for Christmas, we'll see! Love you guys! Call me!

Jenn said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I just laughed that entire post!!

Nice pecks Chris...were you squeezing them together like girls do to make you/them look bigger...hmmmm. And Colleen, you look GREAT!! Ricky, however, needs to SHAVE!

Kelly, how does it feel to have your daughter molested by a family member?? Our kids are going to have some serious issues. Therapy, here we come!

And you're right Colleen, Ellie is scrumptious with a grey tooth!!

Wish I was there with you guys!! I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Oh yeah, Colleen, you are getting the BEST (used) present for Christmas!!

Matt and Mel Odell said...

How can I compete with either one of those posts? Just wanted to say your trip looked like a dream come true. I love it that you just got packed up and left!

Melissa + Brett said...

Where did you get Kavella's black polkadot beanie? That is SOOOO cute! Looks like a fun trip. Brett and I LOVE Chili's too and ditto on the Queso!

JS said...

Looks really cold.

Kavella is REALLY cute.

Glad you had fun.

(Short and sweet cause there might not be enough room with how long that top comment is. :) )

Morgan said...

O my goodness! Those pictures are too cute! I totally love the ones of Ricky kissing Kavella's face off. He just loves her SO much! We are getting SO freaking excited for our wedding, and to be able to see all of our families. It'll be so much fun! Drive safe, and we'll see you Friday night. Love you!