Thursday, October 15, 2009

Harvest Fair

This isn't the Harvest Fair....that's at the end because I don't feel like copying and pasting all the pictures, so there! These are Kavella's friends! We have a little play group on Tuesdays, which are always fun! Above, you'll see Kavella (9 months), Corban (14 months), Hailey and Dalin (both 10 and a 1/2 months). Aren't they such sweet babies?

K-baby will climb up anything she can! "Take me for a ride, Mom!"

This is the air-filter that she knocked over in order to climb on top of our Mac....I snagged her before she could get all the way up, but not before she grabbed a photo that was on top of the desk--quick, little pill!


I love taking walks with Dustin and Kavella. She seems to enjoy looking all around, and I like having time to converse with my hubby! Kavella has dark circles around her eyes because it's Sunday--the day she skips her naps due to our church time. It's hard to go to church sometimes because all I do is chase her around, but we know how important it is! She's still an exquisite, tasty doll, even with dark circles!


Ohhhhhh, scrumptious! We walk to this little park in our neighborhood--Kavella is delighted to swing! I'll make funny noises when she gets near me (before I give her a push) and it makes her just crack up!

Hippie-child-headband.

Our playgroup--Mel/Corban, Kel/Kavella, Becky/Hailey, Kristy/Dalin. Apparently, Corban said something funny right when we took the picture because all the kids are looking at him!

See ya!

Eating Cheerios (yes, off the ground) for the first time--without teeth! She thought they were delectable! Forget buying those $3.00-a-bottle melt away cereals--I'm getting Cheerios!!

Last week, on our Sunday walk, which was FREEZING, we saw a pelican on the pier! You'll have to enlarge the photo, but it's there! Choco is (technically) not allowed on the pier, but the lifeguards don't seem to mind it if I tuck him away all cozy style! Isn't he a fluffy ball of goodness?

There--that's a good outline of the pelican! I'm just the master photographer, eh?

Why go to Disneyland when your Dad is more fun?

"Weeeeeeeeeee!"

Last Saturday turned out to be a bit chilly, so we decided to let Choco play at the beach! It proved problematic when he was attacked by some bratty chihuahua, but he's feeling better now. Don't make fun of him--his ego is still recovering.

Happy as can be.....before the attack. I was quite brusque in demanding that the owner keep her dog leashed, as this was the second attack (instigated by her dog) in less than ten minutes. Coupled with my verbal assertiveness, I physically picked her dog up by it's chest hair, mid-attack, and chucked it off of Choco. She didn't mention the dog toss.

Schoolgirl outfit--modest style!

We went to a chili cook-off, Harvest Fair last Friday, which was quite enjoyable! It was fun chatting with our friends, eating chili and cornbread and playing games! This was her first game, the cake walk! She won on the first round.......

....a rice krispie treat is a perfect prize!

She's just about to do some plies....that's plie-aaaaaaa.

Our little family at the Harvest Fair--Orange County style!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! I love her! She is so darn cute!! And I really REALLY wish I was there to see you chuck that dog off of Choco. Was Choco on a leash? Anyway, I love ALL these pictures!!

eli&joelynn said...

SOOO fun!!! I love the beanies and the tutu!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Kelly! I especially loved Kavella's pliet while sporting the tu-tu. I also loved the school girl photo, the one of Dustin and Kavella with the pelican behind them, the one of Kavella looking at you; you were wearing your hat and sunglasses (at the beach), and the ones of Dustin throwing Kavella up in the air. Cute pictures of her play group too!
Love, Mom

Beaners said...

SO freakin cute!!! I would first like to say that I love how mom corrected your spelling or pliet. Classic Mom. Next, these picture are seriously to die for! I love them so much!! I don't know how Kavella just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! I love the play group! It looks so fun! Almost makes me want to have a baby so that I can belong to a play group, almost. I love the climbing pictures! I can't believe how fast she's growing up! Climbing all over everything! Is she walking yet? I love the little baggies under her baby eyes, what a trooper for staying awake for church! And then the two pictures right under that, precious. I love that bow that granny gave her! It's so ginormous and cute! And oh my goodness, llittle Choco is so stinkin cute with his little head poking out of your jacket! I love him! I will murder that little chihuahua if I ever meet him. The pelican is saweet! And I just love the pier pictures! It makes me want to move out there and live with you. Really though, it seriously does. The pictures of Dustin throwing Kavella.... let me just call her a boochie boo bottom, that's all that needs to be said. And the one on the beach with you two in beanies looking at each other, I wish that I could just photoshop myself into that picture with a beanie on so I feel included in the cuteness. And the Harvest Fair is sooo cute! I especially love the real live barn at the end! :) Don't let the pitchfork stab you, because it almost was. Just kidding! I love you guys!! Love the post! Can't wait to see you soon, hopefully!!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Poor Choco, a Chihuahua? I can't stop laughing.... Dustin needs to take some time and toughen him up. Have him watch some UFC or somthing... :)

Steve J

JS said...

Ok, so you guys are the cutest family ever. period.